16 February, 2011

Updated: Lock Trace Utility for Dynamics GP - PO Support

I received a request to extend the Lock Trace functionality to support locked Purchase Orders.  It was a very simple change so I went ahead and implemented that functionality.  You can download this new version here if you're interested in knowing who has a Purchase Order locked when you attempt to access it.

I started working on another feature for this utility but didn't want to hold back this new feature while working on that.  I created a product page here where I'll document release notes as this utility evolves.

Keep the feedback coming.  I have several other ideas for this utility and would like to hear yours.

3 comments:

Jason said...

I added the dll to my GPAddins folder, but i'm still getting the message, "This transaction is being edited by another user" when i open a sales order or a po that someone else has open. I'm running GP10.0

mbsguru said...

Jason,

I'm not sure what the problem might be. I don't think a Customization Site License is required to run these VST mods although you might verify you have that registered just so we can rule that out for certain.

Have you tried this on more than 1 GP client? I built it on GP 2010 but did test it on a GP 10 install as well and didn't have any problems.

Please let me know whether or not you have the Customization Site License registered and whether or not this problem occurs on more than one client machine. Then, send me your GP Dexterity version from the help>>about menu and I'll troubleshoot this for you.

Thanks,

Michael

mbsguru said...

Jason,

I think I might have found the source of this problem. Can you check to see if there is an activity record for the user that has the transaction locked when this happens? If there isn't an activity record the system cannot tell who has it locked.

Please let me know if that's the problem and I will fix it.

Thanks,

Michael